- Cate Blanchettattended a screening of her new film “Where’d You Go, Bernadette” inNew York Cityon Monday.
- She wore a blackpantsuitthat had bright-blue sleeves and giant shoulder pads for the event.
- Blanchett accessorized her look with dangling earrings, black pumps, and a simple clutch.
- The actor also wore herhairin an updostyle, and chose a classicmakeuplook to complete her ensemble.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Cate Blanchett put her own twist on a popular fashion trend while in New York City this week.
On Monday, the actor attended a screening of her new film “Where’d You Go, Bernadette,” and donned a bold pantsuit for the occasion. Her ensemble was entirely black, and included long pants that extended to the floor.
Her suit also featured striking blue sleeves, which swirled into giant shoulder pads.
For accessories, Blanchett wore sparkling white dangling earrings and pointy black pumps. She also carried a simple black clutch.
To complete her look, the actor chose a smoky-eye look, nude lipstick, and an updo hairstyle with a curled side bang that framed her face.
While pantsuits have long been popular on red carpets, celebrities have recently started to wear unique versions of the trend.
In April, for example,Scarlett Johansson donned a suitwith a jacket that only had one sleeve. She wore the asymmetrical design, which was created by Tom Ford, at the “Avengers Endgame” UK premiere in April.
- Read more:
- Zendaya paired shorts and a plaid shirt with sky-high heels for an edgy red-carpet look
- Anne Hathaway walked the red carpet wearing a neon-pink maternity dress with daring cutouts
- 16 of Kylie Jenner’s best outfits of all time
- 29 photos that show how Halle Berry’s style has changed over the years